Designing a website can be a daunting task. For most companies or small businesses they already have a site and know it needs a facelift. Even if you are having a professional company do the work for you it’s a challenge to know where to start.
I like to think of it as a simple process. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Be creative. Your business is unique and deserves the look and feel that communicates your message to your audience.
- Bounce ideas off your business partners, spouse, and family- you will be surprised with what they can do for you.
- Keep your branding consistent. UTurn Consulting takes our clients through a Market Identity Style Guide.
- Don’t over complicate the process. Take bite size pieces or you will get exasperated.
- Let a web design company assist you. A quality web company will have a system set up to walk you though this process.
- Don’t get in hurry. Your business didn’t start overnight so why should your website. Being professional takes more time and thought than being sloppy.
- Design your business cards, letterhead and brochures around a consistent look and feel that your website has.
- Have fun. Don’t get bogged down with the details but let the designers and developers do that while you focus on your content.
- Have tools in place to properly communicate the message that you want displayed on your site. At UTurn Consulting we employ Basecamp, a online software that allows all the parties to track the progress of the project as well as add messages and files.
For more ideas look through our services page. Be sure to click on each of them to find more details.